May 2022:Full/Part time positions available in Glasgow North West and South East Teams.
We are looking for someone capable of taking on all aspects of the business including carrying out cat care assignments and assisting with bookings and the day-to-day management of the service. Candyfloss Cats is split into four different companies; one covering the north and west of Glasgow, one covering the south and east of Glasgow, one covering Ayr and one covering Edinburgh.
We need someone who will be comfortable taking bookings and dealing with clients as well as visiting cats, cleaning out litter trays and administering medication when required.
Ideally we are looking for someone who can join whose lifestyle out with Candyfloss Cats will allow for the varied (and often very busy) shift patterns we work. You will join us a self employed contractor and love driving as much as you love cats because we cover the entire city and surrounding areas.
Candyfloss Cats operates 7am-7pm Monday to Sunday 365 days a year. As such we require someone who can adopt our 'cats come first' attitude with the understanding that at peak times we are happy to work seven days a week. We take our holidays at low season so we can continue to offer a service that is there when our customers need us most. You will be available to work evenings, weekends and school holidays and have a different shift pattern each week so its essential that you are completely flexible.
It is a challenging role in which every day (and indeed every visit) is completely different so you must have an organised mind with a skill for attention to detail that is finely honed. There is a lot to remember and a lot of variables to consider so you have to be on the ball at all times.
The ideal candidate will essentially have the following attributes:
- Have a genuine love and understanding of cats and their needs and behaviour.
- Have their own car and a willingness to cover the zones covered including some surrounding areas (this isn't a job you can do on a bicycle or public transport as you may be traveling 12 miles between visits and have as many as 15 visits per day).
- Be responsible, mature, sensible and organised.
- Have great communication skills.
- Be comfortable with modern administration duties to include email, Whatsapp, Dropbox, Facebook and Instagram.
- Be able to work on your own following detailed written instructions.
- Be flexible and hard working.
- Be in good health and fit enough to climb stairs (often four-flight tenements), bend over litter trays and lift bags of cat litter.
- Live in Glasgow (you will be required to collect and drop off keys at our HQ in Glasgow's west end at the last minute to assist with late bookings).
You will work with us as a self employed contractor so will be responsible for your own tax and national insurance contributions. The projected earnings can be discussed at interview stage and will be dependent on how many days a week you can commit to.
All training will be provided. Dedication and a can-do attitude goes a long way so please do get in touch if you feel that you are the perfect fit for the position. You will become part of a supportive, friendly team who are keen to welcome you onboard!
Interested? Send your CV along with a cover letter email detailing your skills, experience and availability to firstname.lastname@example.org